Hologic is a medical equipment developer committed to efficient and accurate breast cancer diagnosis. To this end, it offers the SecurView Workstation, a healthcare-grade tool for securely accessing, managing, and analyzing patient data. The system helps clinics manage electronic health records (EHRs), imaging studies (from mammograms and other diagnostics), and further clinical data to keep you and your colleagues informed on decisions that could affect patient care.
What Is The Hologic SecurView Doctors Reading Workstation?
The Hologic SecurView Doctors Reading Workstation is a system that allows breast radiologists to view and analyze digital mammography and other breast imaging procedures. The medical products developer and manufacturer designed it to provide customizable and efficient workflows and image manipulation tools for 2D and 3D mammography exams using its equipment.
The most exciting feature of Hologic SecurView is its ability to work with the company’s other products, such as the Selenia® Dimensions® system. It also integrates with mammography reporting systems, dictation applications, radiology information systems (RIS), and picture archiving and communication systems (PACS).
The Components Of The Hologic SecurView Doctors Reading Workstation
The Hologic SecurView workstation comprises several components providing a holistic service for practitioners that fits seamlessly into their workflows. These help radiologists view and interpret digital mammograms and other breast imaging studies more efficiently.
- High-resolution monitors that display information in full color and enhanced detail.
- The core SecurView software facilitates annotation, image manipulation and comparison, reporting, and communication.
- SecurView DX Manager, a diagnostic manager facilitating workflows for up to ten SecurView workstations, offers clinical practitioners a shared database of images for locally-secure workstations.
- A DICOM interface that allows the workstation to communicate with other devices and systems in the network, such as PACS, RIS, HIS, and printers.
- Barcode scanners for clinicians to scan and retrieve patient images and files from a patient database.
- Foot pedal to switch between different image modes.
The Benefits Of Using Hologic SecurView Workstation
As a software solution that enables radiologists to view, interpret, and report on digital mammography images, Hologic SecurView Doctors Reading Workstation offers multiple benefits. We list them below.
Supports Multiple Modalities
Hologic SecurView Doctors Reading Workstation supports multiple modalities, including 2D and 3D mammography, breast MRI, ultrasound, and more. It also works with Hologic's Affirm Prone Biopsy System – an add-on for Hologic 3D mammography, which makes it easier to perform quick biopsies using the same mammography exam equipment.
Advanced Tools For Image Manipulation
Determining what a scan shows can be challenging, even for highly experienced clinicians. Therefore, Hologic's SecurView Doctors Reading Workstation provides additional tools for image manipulation, including:
- Contrast adjustment
- Window and level setting
Unlike many comparable systems, the SecurView Workstation is user-friendly, offering a simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy for healthcare professionals to navigate. It’s available in multiple configurations, including as a standalone workstation or cloud-based solution, ideal for a broad selection of healthcare establishments with varying working practices.
Advanced Security Measures
Hologic SecurView Doctors Reading Workstation also offers advanced security features to enable practices to meet strict regulatory requirements. The system can provide practitioners with secure access to sensitive patient data using various features, such as multi-factor authentication and encrypted data transmission. Clinics can ensure that only authorized personnel access the systems, reducing the risk of damaging breaches and loss of trust.
Hologic SecurView Doctors Reading Workstation Features
SecurView comes with a host of features designed to enhance the user experience. These include:
- Hanging protocols – enables you to specify viewing preferences for a user or group
- Prior exam matching – instantly allows radiologists to compare an initial screening to follow-ups
- Image registration – ensures better visualization of lesions on bilateral or temporal X-ray mammograms, which can be challenging to identify
- Ergonomic and intuitive keypad – an optional extra for some systems facilitating single-touch support for tomosynthesis image navigation and single-click access to commonly-used functions
- Application synchronization – a system that integrates with over 45 popular dictation and reporting apps
- Advanced image analytics – various presentation formats supported, including Malc™ marks, RightOn™ and PeerView™
- Efficient reviews – single-click navigation through programmed steps, automatic selection of designed ReportFlow based on exam type, and intelligent roaming through full-resolution quadrants
SecureView Doctors Reading Workstations are built around the needs of breast radiologists. They offer advanced, customizable workflows, flexible installation options, and various tools for a more accurate evaluation of 2D and 3D Mammography™ exams.
Mammo.com offers equipment compatible with this Hologic technology. To purchase or learn more, contact our team.